What to do if a guest leaves a negative review?
Negative review is, first of all, an opportunity to improve the service and the quality of the services provided, because they indicate what you need to pay attention to. They should be considered as an incentive for development. The owner, who responds to a negative review – not justified but works on his reputation, which directly affects the number of orders. Of course, not always guests leave constructive feedback about their residence, but it is necessary to work even with subjective opinion. Remember that your main goal is to win the trust of potential tenants and maintain your reputation.
Upon answering a negative review, do not:
– get personal (your reputation is more expensive than insults – answer constructively for any comments);
– become emotional (even if the subjective guest’s opinion does not match yours, try to answer in a calm state);
– argue with the guest (this will not lead to a positive result).
Instead, we offer you:
– commend for review (do not forget that it is your opportunity to improve the service and reach out to potential guests);
– if the criticism is fair – admit it and answer. Continuous development and improvement is a normal part of the operation of any system;
– report the solution to the problem that the guest described in the review. For example, if he indicated that the hairdryer was broken – write that the situation with the hairdryer has already been successfully solved. This will not only increase the tenant’s loyalty but will also be your advantage over competitors.
Working with negative reviews gives you the opportunity to increase the level of trust in yourself and raise your reputation.